Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Isn't He Dead?

Last night we went to a performance of the Glenn Miller Orchestra. I really like big band music and so I was kind of excited to go. Upon receiving the invitation, I responded..."Glenn Miller...Isn't he dead?" Well, yes, he is dead but his band is alive and kicking.
The show was held at the Beef and Boards Dinner Theatre. They set up the buffet line and then roll the carts away before rolling out the stage and setting up the band. It was a lot of fun with some great old music.After the concert set, they rolled the stage out and opened up the dance floor. LW and I had to elbow out all of the old couples from the assisted living home and fight for room on the dance floor. I am ashamed to say some of those couples showed me up with their mad dance skills.

That is my new goal: to be 93 and still dancing.

No comments: