Friday, April 18, 2008

Shaking Things Up

I was awoken this morning thinking I had been transported to a very cheap hotel with a vibrating bed. Immediately, I new what was happening and judged it to be a quake not worthy of immediate action.

The epicenter registered 5.2 on the Richter scale but after traveling 170 miles through the ground the vibrations reached Indianapolis were noticeable and rather fun. Later that morning a four point something aftershock rocked then center and started a flurry of murmurings that rose above the cubicle walls.

Only last week I had the pleasure of sitting through an hour long briefing on the company emergency preparedness plan. Curiously, when the aftershock struck no action was taken. I guess that by the time the powers that be flipped through the sixteen page plan to find earthquake actions steps, the 12 second tremor was long since finished.

No comments: