Saturday, April 19, 2008

Trekking Morgan-Monroe

I decided to explore one of Indiana's state forests and so I geared up for an 11 mile hike through the woods. Morgan-Monroe State Forest is located approximately 45 minutes south of Indianapolis and offers a number of hiking trails.

People taking advantages of the public lands can go hiking, hunting, mushrooming, gold panning, camping and a variety of other activities. Along the trail I found some wild garlic which gave me foul breath for the rest of the day.
Signs of spring were everywhere however faint.About six miles into the hike my cell phone rang. It really startled me because I hadn't seen another person the whole time and I had forgotten that I was even carrying my phone. Amazing what kind of cell reception is possible when you are in a flat state like Indiana.

The person on the other end had some exciting news. One of my favorite FFA chapters had just won the state parliamentary procedure competition. I do miss teaching and the connection with students but at least I can live vicariously through others.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They better not be you absolute favorite, or I would be sad! :(
TRS