Saturday, August 30, 2008

My Birthday with Jewel

My birthday this year was spent with singer/songwriter/Nashville Star judge, Jewel. We flew to Texas to record some sound bites and film footage that will be used in a new promotional campaign. Jewel and her rodeo husband, Ty Murray, live on a 2,000 acre ranch just outside of Stephenville, Texas. It is a really nice ranch.

Jewel was sick but she is a pro and did a great job for us. She was well prepared and really understood the message we were going for. She was funny too. One of her quotes that we won't be able to use was "My family were homesteaders in Alaska. We didn't eat anything we didn't kill or can!"

Before we left, I got a couple of things autographed and she was nice enough to do pictures with all of us.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pretty cool but you didn't say whether she sang "Happy Birthday" to you?!

Steve

Anonymous said...

That's awesome, I love her! So if she was sick, can we start "baby" rumors? (Just joking! I hope there aren't any tabloids that read your blog!)

We still miss you!!!
Kali

WF said...

Kali, don't get me in trouble with the tabloids! :-) I think it was a cold, not morning sickness...but you never know...

WF said...

No, unfortunately she didn't sing for my birthday. But I did get a chorus of Feliz Cumpleanos from the local Mexican restuarant that we ate at that evening.